Imrijka, Iconic Inquisitor : Bones II Figure

Chris Palmer

     This past week I painted up the Imrijka, Iconic Inquisitor, figure from the Bones II Pathfinder Heroes set.   I believe this figure is supposed to represent a half-orc character, but I chose to paint it up as a half-elf female instead.  So, the first thing I did was very carefully try to slice off the fangs. What I couldn’t get off with a hobby knife due to the cramped area under her hat, I hoped to disguise with paint.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.    I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.  

       There was something about her outfit that read Old West Cowboy to me; so I decided I would go with that kind of earth-tone palette for this figure.
       I began painting by doing all the figure’s armor with Black; then when the Black was dry, I drybrushed the armor with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”.  I then passed over the armor with a lighter drybrush of Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.

      Next, I painted her skin with Americana “Shading Flesh”, and then painted her pants with Reaper MSP “Turkey Brown”.  I then painted her bodice top with Americana “Bleached Sand”, and then painted her loin cloth with Folk Art “Poppy Seed”.  My next step was to paint her coat with Folk Art “Teddy Bear Brown”.

     I then painted her boot, pouch, and some of her belts with Americana “Asphaltum”, and then I painted the tassel hanging along her left leg with Crafter’s Acrylic “Navy Blue”.   Next, I painted her hair with Accent “Mustard Seed”, and then did her hat with Americana “Mississippi Mud”. After that I worked on her weaponry: painting her bow with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, her sword’s sheath with Accent “Real Umber”,  her quiver with  "Sable Brown", and lastly, the top and bottom trim on her quiver and the the grip on her sword with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.  I then painted all reamining belts, straps, and cords with Americana “Terra Cotta”. 
   Next, I painted the metal parts of the weapons with Americana “Zinc”.  I also used this color to paint the arrow fletchings. The round clasp on her should, which I planned to make gold metal, I painted with the “Mustard Seed”.  I then went back and repainted all the weapon parts I had painted with the “Zinc”, (except the fletchings) this time using Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”.  I also used this color to paint any buckles I could see.  I then I repainted the shoulder clasp, this time using Ceramcoat “Bronze”.    Then, after everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash using Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.

      I then painted her eyes and lips; and then highlighted all her skin with a mix of the “Shading Flesh” and some Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”.  After that, I highlighted her hair (and added eyebrows) with, first, Ceramcoat Maple Sugar Tan", and then, Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon”.   I then highlighted her top with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”.

     Next, I drybrushed her hat with Americana “Khaki Tan”, and then did highlghts on her jacket with Americana “Sable Brown”.  After that, I highlighted her loin cloth with a mix of the base “poppy Seed” and Folk Art “Gray Green”, and then I highlighted her pants with a mix of the original “Turkey Brown” and some of the “Khaki Tan”.  I then did her boot highlights with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, and highlighted the tassleon her left leg with Ceramcoat “Denim Blue.  I then added yellow stripes to it with Reaper MSP "Golden Glow”. 
     I now worked on her belts and pouch, as well as her bow, highlighting them with Nicole’s “Brown”. After that, I highlighted all the leather straps and the wrist guards with Reaper MSP Pumpkin Orange". Next, I worked on the metallics. I first worked on the parts I had painted with the “Gunmetal Grey”, highlighting them with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.  I then did the clasp I had painted “Bronze”, highlighting it with Ceramcoat 14K Gold.
     Lastly, I painted the base with White, and then glued some dried clear crackle paint “ice” to it. 
     When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning.  That afternoon I “snowed” the base with a mix of Citadel “Vahallan Blizzard” textured paint, and regular White paint.   The next day I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote. After the Dullcote was dry, I hit the ice with a little Americana “DuraClear Gloss” varnish.

     I’m really happy with this figure.  I think the “Western” look came across well; and I’m particularly pleased with how her face turned out.  I have to say with me faces are a good deal of luck rather than skill.  I’m not good at painting those tiny details, but sometimes, like with this figure, my squinting stabs with paint turn out to be in just the right places. 🙂

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2iyr9aq
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2iyoaz6
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: