Griffon: Figure 256 of 266

Chris Palmer

   Hello there, readers!  Well, here we stand on the threshold of the final ten figures of this endeavor. This weekend I finished up figure 256, the Griffon figure from the single-figure Griffon set.  That leaves just 10 figures left to paint. The remaining figures ended up being mostly a mix of the smallest and largest!

The final 10 figures.

      Now back to the matter at hand; the Griffon.  I prepped the figure’s parts in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. When dry, I glued the wings on to the body using Gorilla Superglue.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 2" fender washer.

      I began by painting the lion part of the figure a 50/50 mix of Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige” and Accent “Golden Harvest”.   I then painted the eagle parts with Americana “Raw Umber”. Next, I painted the beak and front legs with the plain “Golden Harvest”, and the end of the lion’s tail with Americana “Asphaltum”.  I then drybrushed the underside of the wings with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.

     After all the paint had a while to dry, I came back and gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.  When the wash was dry, I Painted his tongue with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”, and then gave it highlights with Americana “Shading Flesh”.

     Next, I drybrushed the underside of the wings with Folk Art “Barn Wood”.  I then drybrushed the tops of the wings and the upper eagle-part of the body, as well as the end of the tail, with Americana “Sable Brown”. After that, I drybrushed the lion part of the body with Ceramcoat “Maple Sugar Tan”.

         I then highlighted the beak, front legs, and claws with Americana “Moon Yellow”. I painted the eyes with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, then gave them Black pupils and White highlights.  Next, I drybrushed the tips of the wings, on top and underneath with Black, and also heavily drybrushed the end of the beak with Black as well.  Lastly, I painted his integral base with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
           I let the figure dry over night and the next day I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. When dry, I flocked the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”.

     I’m really happy how this figure turned out.  Unlike the Owlbear I did last week, I really like the sculpt on this one. And, like the Owlbear, it was easy to paint.
   
Figure 256 of 266: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2endR2m
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2dCm1EH
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: