Arrius, Skeletal Warrior: Figure 255 of 266

Chris Palmer

     This week I finished up the Arrius, Skeletal Warrior, figure from the Grave Danger set.  Just one more figure to go in that set at this point.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

     I began by painting the entire figure with Black.  Then, when the Black was dry, I gave it a heavy drybrush of Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”, followed by a drybrush coat of Ceramcoat “Opaque Red”. 

     Next, I drybrushed his armor with DecoArt Dazzling Metallics “Festive Red”.  I followed that with lightly drybrushing the sword with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”.  I then painted his skull with Americana “Khaki Tan”, and the sword grips with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.

      I then applied some slightly thinned Iron Wind Metals “Yellow” ink around the runes on the sword.  When this was dry, I painted the runes with Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon”, and then did highlights on the runes with White.  While I was waiting for the ink to dry, I drybrushed his skull with Americana “Bleached Sand”, and then Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”.  I then touched up all the black areas that had got other colors on them, and then painted everything I planned to make metallic gold using Americana “Terra Cotta”.

     Next, I drybrushed all his clothing with Citadel “The Fang”.  I then gave the base a heavy drybrush with Americana “Zinc”, followed by lighter drybrushes of Americana “Neutral Grey”, and Folk Art “Platinum Grey”.  I painted the skulls on the base with Folk Art “Barn Wood”, and drybrushed them with the “Bleached Sand”, and added “Light Antique White” highlights.  I then repainted all the parts I had painted with the “Terra Cotta”, this time using Ceramcoat “Bronze”. When the “Bronze” was dry, I gave it all a quick wash with some Citadel “Agrax Earthsahde” wash using a wet brush.   I painted his eyes, using first Ceramcoat “Bright Red”, and then Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow”. Lastly, I painted the little gem in his necklace using some of the “Bright Red”, and “Dark Cherry” with White highlights.
      When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning.   The next day I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.  I then when back and put a little dab of Americana “DuraClear Gloss” Varnish on the gem in his necklace.

     I kind of like how the red armor turned out.  I wanted to do something different than the same old greyish/silver metal armor, and I think this worked pretty well as a kind of “Red Baron” or “Bloody Baron” character.

Figure 255 of 266: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2ew3fe5
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2e9D1kU
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: