This week I finished up the Arrius, Skeletal Warrior, figure from the Grave Danger set. Just one more figure to go in that set at this point.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
Next, I drybrushed his armor with DecoArt Dazzling Metallics “Festive Red”. I followed that with lightly drybrushing the sword with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. I then painted his skull with Americana “Khaki Tan”, and the sword grips with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.
I then applied some slightly thinned Iron Wind Metals “Yellow” ink around the runes on the sword. When this was dry, I painted the runes with Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon”, and then did highlights on the runes with White. While I was waiting for the ink to dry, I drybrushed his skull with Americana “Bleached Sand”, and then Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”. I then touched up all the black areas that had got other colors on them, and then painted everything I planned to make metallic gold using Americana “Terra Cotta”.
Next, I drybrushed all his clothing with Citadel “The Fang”. I then gave the base a heavy drybrush with Americana “Zinc”, followed by lighter drybrushes of Americana “Neutral Grey”, and Folk Art “Platinum Grey”. I painted the skulls on the base with Folk Art “Barn Wood”, and drybrushed them with the “Bleached Sand”, and added “Light Antique White” highlights. I then repainted all the parts I had painted with the “Terra Cotta”, this time using Ceramcoat “Bronze”. When the “Bronze” was dry, I gave it all a quick wash with some Citadel “Agrax Earthsahde” wash using a wet brush. I painted his eyes, using first Ceramcoat “Bright Red”, and then Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow”. Lastly, I painted the little gem in his necklace using some of the “Bright Red”, and “Dark Cherry” with White highlights.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning. The next day I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote. I then when back and put a little dab of Americana “DuraClear Gloss” Varnish on the gem in his necklace.
I kind of like how the red armor turned out. I wanted to do something different than the same old greyish/silver metal armor, and I think this worked pretty well as a kind of “Red Baron” or “Bloody Baron” character.
Figure 255 of 266: Complete