This week I finished up the Pirates set by painting the Barnabus Frost, Pirate Captain, figure. This set now joins the list of completed sets over on the right.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then I gave it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsed and dried it. Next, I glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
First I painted his face and hands withAmericana “Shading Flesh”. I then painted his coat with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”, and his pants with Crafter’s Acrylic “Bright Blue”.
Next I painted the facings on his coat and his vest with Crafters Acrylic “Bright Yellow”. I then painted his boot tops with Americana “Terra Cotta”, and then his beard with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”. I used Crafter’s Acrylic “Deep Red” to paint his sash, and then used Accent “Golden Harvest” to paint his compass case, key ring, and buckles. Then I painted his pistol with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”.
I painted his compass case, key ring, and buckles with "Bronze". Then, when everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade”, using a wet brush. When the wash was dry, I painted his boots, pouch, and belts with Black
Next, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his skin; first with the “Shading Flesh”, and then with some of the “Shading Flesh” mixed with a little Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”. I then highlighted his hair and beard with the “Platinum Grey”, and then with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”. I used Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow” to highlight his facings and vest, and painted his sword blade with Americana “Neutral Grey”.
I then highlighted his coat with Americana “Burgundy Wine”, and his pants with a mix of the “Bright Blue” and Crafter’s Acrylic “Cool Blue”. Next, I highlighted his sash with Ceramcoat “Bright Red”, and his boots, pouch and belts with Citadel “The Fang”. I then painted his sword with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. While that was drying, I painted all his buttons with the “Bronze”, then highlighted all the parts I had painted “Bronze” with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”, and then did further highlights with Ceramcoat “Wedding Gold”. I then went back snd highlighted his sword with Folk Art Silver Sterling". Lastly, I painted the entire base with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.
After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. The next morning I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.
I’m happy with how this old salty dog turned out. And, happy to get another completed set under my belt. Next up, I will be finishing the last four Orcpoclaypse figures, and then the remaining two Townsfolk figures.