Terezinya, Bonepander Wizard: Figure 210 of 266

Chris Palmer

   The weekend I finished up Terezinya, Bonepander Wizard, the last of the Necromancer set that was left to paint.  The set now joins the list of completed sets over on the right.   Even though this figure is labeled as a wizard, I thought her lack of extensive armor, or anything particularly ‘wizardy" looking, and that fact that she is carrying just one weapon, made her a good candidate to be a Thug in my Necromancer warband.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

     I began by painting her entire outfit with Black.  I then drybrushed it with a mix of the Black and Ceramcoat “Denim Blue”.   I thought I would try a different skin color than my usual, so I painted her head and hands with Americana “Terra Cotta”.

           Next, I painted her pants and the drape hanging from her right arm with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”.  Then I painted her hair with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”.   When the paint had had a while to dry, I gave her skin and hair a wash with Winsor-Newton “Peat Brown” Ink using a wet brush.

    When the ink wash was dry I worked on her hair, doing highlights first with Americana “Moon Yellow”, and then spot highlights with with Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon.  Next, I painted her eyes, and then did her lips with a mix of the Black Cherry”, Terra Cotta", and Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”.  I then mixed together some of the “Terra Cotta” and “Flesh”, and did the highlight on her skin.  Following that, I used some Crafter’s Acrylic “Deep Red” to highlight her pants and the drape hanging from her arm.

    I then used some of the “Denim Blue” to do some spot highlights on her outfit.  Next, it was time to work on the metallics.  First, I painted her sword fittings with Ceramcoat “Raw Sienna”. Then, I used Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal” to paint her various buckles and the little test-tube type cylinders she has in her belt.  I then went back and painted the sword fittings with Ceramcoat “Bronze”, and then went back and did highlights wth Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.  Lastly, I added some corks to the cylinders on her belt using Americana “Khaki Tan”.
      I painted the base White, and when dry I glued on a couple pieces of cork to look like stone rubble.   When the glue was dry, I painted the cork Black, then drybrushed the cork with Americana “Neutral Grey”, followed with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”. When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning.  Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics “Snow” flock and late that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.

     I’m generally pleased with how she turned out. I think the simple paint job I did turned out to be effective on this figure.

Figure 210 of 266: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1XqzV9j
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1XqBlRc
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: