Ghoul Queen: Figure 206 of 266

Chris Palmer

   This past week I started working on the Necromancer set, and over the weekend I finished painting the Ghoul Queen figure from this set.  I had previously modified this figure, removing one of the scabbards she originally came with.  You can see the article I wrote about the conversion I did on her here: Ghoul Queen Conversion.
     After I completed the conversion, I glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

   I began by painting the figure entirely in Black.  I then drybrushed her with Americana “Zinc”.  I then painted her skin with Folk Art “Milkshake”

     When the “Milkshake” was dry, I gave it a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.  I then painted her various belts, straps, and cords with Folk Art “Hunter Green”. Next, I painted the bone adornments on her sleeves, headdress, and on her scabbard with a mix of Americana “Buttermilk and Americana "Mississippi Mud”.  I then painted all the parts I planned to make gold, with Americana “Terra Cotta”.

     I then highlighted all the “Hunter Green” areas with first, Americana “Forest Green”, and then Americana “Leaf Green”.  I followed that with highlighting all the bone adornments with first the “Buttermilk”, and then some Crafter’s Edition “Light Antique White”. Next, I painted the all the “Terra Cotta” parts with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.

     My next step was to highlight her hair with a mix of the “Zinc” and some Folk Art “Cloudy Day”.  I then painted her eyes, and used some of the “Hunter Green” to apply eye shadow.  Next, I highlighted her skin with first the “Milkshake”, and then the “Light Antique White”. I used Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey” to do some specific highlights on her dress, and then I did the final metallic highlights with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.
    I painted the base White, and when dry I applied a small area of white glue to the base and glued on some course sand.   When the glue was dry, I painted the sand Black, then drybrushed the sand with the “Zinc”, followed with Folk Art “Porcelain Grey”. When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning.  Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics “Snow” flock and late that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.

     I’m very happy with how she turned out.  I think she has the right hangs-around-with-the-dead look about her. 🙂   In retrospect, I think she would have been further improved if, during her surgery, I had removed that big crab-claw ornamentation behind her head.  It’s a redundancy with the bone hair adornments she already has.

Figure 206 of 266: Complete.  60 more to go.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1U0AJE3
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1QXEhkh
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: