This past weekend I finished Tierdeleira, Dark Elf Cleric, from the Dark Elves set. This wraps up this set for me, and it joins the list of completed sets over on the right.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the figure almost entirely Black; and then when the Black was dry, I drybrushed it entirely with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. I then passed over it with a lighter drybrush of Folk Art Metallics “Silver Sterling”. I then went back and repainted her face and hands with Black.
I then painted her cape with Folk Art “True Burgundy; and her ribbon-like hangings, and the front of her shield, with Ceramcoat "Black Cherry”. After that, I painted her hair with Folk Art Platinum Grey".
Next, I painted her belts with Americana “Terra Cotta”, and the handle wrap on her mace and the straps on her shield with Folk Art “Dark Brown”. Then, after everything had a while to dry, I gave all her clothing, hair, belts, straps, etc. a wash with GW “Badab Black” wash using a wet brush.
When the wash was dry, I first painted her eyes, then I highlighted all her skin with a mix of Apple Barrel “Apple Black Green”, and Americana “Avocado”. I then highlighted her hair with White. Next, I highlighted her cape with Americana “Burgundy Wine”, and her ribbon-like hanging with Crafter’s Acrylic “Christmas Red”. Her straps I highlighted with the base “Dark Brown”, and her belts with the base “Terra Cotta”. I then painted the detail on her shield with Apple Barrel “Yellow”, and added two red dots with DecoArt Dazzling Metallics “Festive Red”. I then went back and added some spot highlights on her armor and weapon with the “Silver Sterling”. Lastly, I painted her integral base with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” the following morning. Later that morning I flocked the base, and that evening I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.
I’m really pleased with how this figure turned out. I think I finally got the hang of highlighting the black skin. the only thing I’m not happy with is that I wanted the two different reds, of her cape and the ribbon-like hangings, to look more different; and as you can see they’re almost indistinguishable.
For next week, I’m going to work on painting another four of the Orcpocalypse figures.
Figure 201 of 266: Complete