Strumpet: Figure 146 of 265

Chris Palmer

    This week I painted the Strumpet from the Townsfolk  Set.  She was the last figure from this set that I had left to do, so it joins the list of completed sets over on the right.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.

      I began by painting her skirt with Americana “Cranberry Wine”. I then painted her corset black, and, when dry, gave it a light drybrush with Duncan “Slate Blue”.  Next, I painted her blouse and  underskirt with White.

I then moved on to paint her skin with Americana “Mocha”, and her hair with Folk Art “Golden Harvest”.  I used the black again to paint her shoe, and then used Ceramcoat “14K Gold” to paint her jewelry.

  After everything had a while to dry, I gave her skin, hair, blouse, underskirt and jewelry a wash with Winsor-Newton “Peat Brown” ink using a very wet brush.

    When the wash was thoroughly dry, I began to add the highlights.  First I drybrushed her hair with Americana “Moon Yellow”, and then Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon”.  I then used a fine brush with these colors to do highlights around the edges of the hair, where I wasn’t able to drybrush.  Next, I painted the eye; with a black socket, white white and a black pupil.  I then did the lips with a mix of Folk At “Burgundy” and the “Mocha”, then added a little white to do a fine highlight.  Then I used the base “Mocha” to highlight the skin, then added a little white to it to do smaller lighter highlights. I then used the white to highlight her blouse and underskirt. Next, I used the “Burgundy” to highlight the skirt, and lastly the “14K Gold” to highlight the jewelry.  I finished up by painting the base with GW “Khemri Brown”.
       I let the figure sit all day, and that evening I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  The next afternoon I gave the figure a coat of Testor’s “Dullcote” spray varnish.

     I’m really pleased with how this figure turned out. For a character that is not an adventurer type, it is a very dynamic sculpt.  It will make a nice addition to my townsfolk.
    I got to play a game of  Song of Blade and Heroes on Saturday, so look for a bonus Bones battle report to be posted tomorrow.

  Figure 146 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1HLu9JL
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Oy9Q2A
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: