No town should be without its “crazy cat lady,” and now, thanks to Chris, my town of Granville that I use for pulp games has one.
I recently purchased a large number of painted 10mm Napoleonic figures. I don’t typically purchase painted figures, but this was a really good deal. Most of the figures were Old Glory, which is the manufacturer I’ve been using mostly for this project. They were painted as well or slightly better than I do myself. I have already based, labelled, and flocked the French forces. I have assembled III and V Corps from 1805-7. I now have enough additional French line infantry and artillery for almost an entire third corps. What would be missing is some light cavalry and light infantry. This past weekend I finally got around to pawing through the box of Polish figures and found that I could assemble a small division, consisting of two infantry brigades, a cavalry brigade, and two guns.
This weekend I also dry brushed the base green color on sixteen battalions of Russian grenadiers. That seems like a lot of grenadiers, but it turns out that the Russian VIII corps in 1812 had an entire division of grenadiers. I am painting the VII and VIII Russian corps. Once I complete these infantry, I will have completed both corps. In the painted collection there are enough line infantry to make a third corps, but again, it will be short on guns and cavalry.
In late January JJ is going to be hosting a chariot race game with 54mm Marx recasts. I got six chariots from Ed of Two Hour Wargames. I just started painting them this weekend. I started with the riders, as they will take the longest to paint. The horses and chariots will be mostly spray painting and dry brushing. There is not a lot of detail on these figures, and the detail is not molded very deeply. I find these figures much more difficult to paint than 28mm figures.
via Buck’s Blog http://ift.tt/1dhCS70