This past week I painted the Village Mob Woman from the Bones 4 Core Set Townsfolk group.
I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I forgot to take a starting picture, so here’s the illustration from the Kickstarter page.
I began by painting her head and arms with Reaper MSP “Rosy Skin”, and her dress with Accent “Golden Harvest”. I then painted her apron and bonnet with Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”, and her corset with Ceramcoat “Black”.
Next, I painted the rolling pin with Americana “Light Cinnamon”, the torch with Americana Mississippi Mud" , and her hair with Americana “Asphaltum”. When everything had had a while to dry, I gave her face and arms a coat of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash. When that was dry, I gave her apron a coat of Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash; and when that was dry, I gave her rolling pin and torch a coat of Citadel “Agrax Earthsahde wash. I also applied some Agrax Earthshade” directly into the folds of her dress, but didn’t give it an all-over wash.
When all of the washes were dry, I painted her eyes, and then highlighted her skin with Reaper MSP “Rosy Highlight”. Next, I highlighted her dress with, first, Americana “Moon Yellow”,and then Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon”.
Next, I highlighted the apron and cap with, first, Americana “Grey Sky”, and then Americana “Snow White”. I then highlighted the corset with Americana “Charcoal”, and then a little of the “Charcoal” mixed with some “Grey Sky”. After that, I highlighted the rolling pin with Americana “Sable Brown”, and the torch with Americana “Khaki Tan”. I wrapped things up by painting the flame, working from the bottom of the flame to the top using, the “Lemon Chiffon” first, then Crafter’s Acrylic “Bright Yellow”, followed by Crafter’s Acrylic “Pure Pumpkin”, and then Reaper MSP “Blood Red”. Lastly, I painted the entire base with the"Mississippi Mud".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. I then used some white glue to glue some fine sand to the base. When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana “Raw Umber”. When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”, and then with some Folk Art “Butter Pecan”; lastly I drybrushed it with a little of the “Bleached Sand”.
Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote".
A fun and simple little figure. I’m happy with how she turned out.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/10/village-mob-woman-bones-4-figure.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/188494977228