Townsfolk, Farmer: Bones 4 Figure

Chris Palmer

   This past week, because it was the weekend of our club’s regional gaming convention, BARRAGE, and I knew time would be scarce; I picked a relatively simple figure to paint, and did the Townsfolk Farmer from the Bones 4 Townsfolk Set.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.

      I began by painting his face and hands with Americana “Mocha”.  I then did his tunic with Americana “Asphaltum”, and his pants with Vallejo “Brown Violet”

      Next, I painted his hood with Folk Art “Dapple Grey”, and his leggings with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”.  After that, I did his shoes (as well as the whole base) with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, the shaft of his hoe with Reaper MSP “Turkey Brown”, and the head of the hoe with Americana “Zinc”.

     I then painted his belt with Accent “Real Umber”, his buckle with Accent “Princely Pewter”, and the head of the hoe with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”.   After that, I let everything dry for a while, and then gave his face and hands a coat of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash.  When that was dry, I gave the rest of the figure a coat of Citadel “Agrax Earthsahde” wash".     When the washes were dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his skin with Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”. 
    I then highlighted his hood with Folk Art “Grey Green”, his tunic with the “Territorial Beige”, and his pants with some of the base “Brown Violet” mixed with some Americana “Jade Green”.  After that, I highlighted his leggings with Americana “Khaki Tan”, and his shoes with Folk Art “Barn Wood”.    Lastly, I painted the entire base with “Americana "Mississippi Mud”.
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to cover the base with a mix of dried coffee grounds and sand to look like fresh dirt.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor’s “Dullcote”.  

     A simple figure, but I’m happy with how he turned out.

via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/09/townsfolk-farmer-bones-4-figure.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/188055199193
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: