Daily Archives: September 2, 2019

Razormouth: Bones 4 Dreadmere Figure

Chris Palmer

   This past week I painted the Razormouth figure from the Bones 4 Dreadmere Expansion.
   I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1.25" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued him to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmers glue.
     I forgot to take a photo of it before I began so grabbed this one from the Reaper website.

     I began by painting the body with Folk Art “Hauser Green Medium”.   I then painted the spines with Americana “Wedgewood Blue”, and the inside of the mouth with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cherry Blossom Pink”.  After that, I did the teeth with Americana Bleached Sand".

      Next, I painted the claws with Aleene’s “Deep Khaki, and then did the scales with Folk Art Color Shift "Green Flash”.

     I let everything dry for a while, and then gave the inside of the mouth a coat of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash.  When that was dry, I gave the rest of the figure a coat of Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash.  Then after the washes were dry, I painted the very deepest part of the mouth with Ceramcoat “Black”.

     Next, I painted the eye using Accent “Golden Harvest”, and gave it a “Black” pupil.  I then highlighted the body with the base “Hauser Green Medium”, mixed with a little Americana “Jade Green”, and highlighted the spines with Crafter’s Acrylic “Tropical Blue”.   After that, I highlighted the claws with Aleene’s “Dusty Khaki”, and his teeth with, first, Crafter’s Acrylic Light Antique White", and then some Americana “Snow White”. Following that, I did his scales with the base ‘Green Flash", and then did the inside of his mouth with the base “Cherry Blossom Pink”.   Lastly, I painted the entire base with “Americana "Mississippi Mud”.
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”.   When the “Dullcote” was dry, I went back and hit its eyes and the inside of his mouth with a little Americana “DuraClear Gloss” varnish.

   I’m really happy with how this guy came out.  he may ned to appear in the Ghost Archipelago…

via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/09/razormouth-bones-4-dreadmere-figure.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/187443021578
via IFTTT

Advertisements
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: