This past week I painted Rusgo, Terrapin Dirver; the human figure that goes with the Land Terrapin set. I’ve been looking for ward to doing the Land Terrapin set since I got my Bones 4 Kickstarter delivery, and it was one of my favorite parts of the Dreadmere set.
I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and when dry, glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting his face and hands a mix of Reaper MSP “Tanned Flesh”, and Reaper MSP HD “Umber Brown”. I then painted his shirt Crafter’s Acrylic “Orange Spice”, and what looked like some studded armor peaking out at his waist and under his right arm with Ceramcoat “Black”. After that, I painted his coat with Americana “Cranberry Wine”.
Next, I painted his hat with Accent “Golden Harvest”, and his scarf with Crafter’s Acrylic “Citrus Green”. After that, I painted his boots with the “Umber Brown”, and his leggings and wrist guards with Accent “Mustard Seed”.
Next, I over-painted the metal parts I had just painted with the “Zinc”, as well as the studs on his studded under-shirt, using Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. Then after everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a coat of “Agrax Earthshade” wash. When the wash was dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his face with a mix of the base “Tanned Skin” and “Umber Brown”, along with some Reaper MSP “Tanned Highlight”. After that, I painted his beard and hair with the “Black”
I then highlighted his shirt with Reaper MSP “Pumpkin Orange”, and his scarf with Americana “Margarita”. Next, I highlighted his hat with Americana “Moon Yellow”, his coat with Crafter’s Acrylic “Deep Red”, and then did some highlights on his hair and beard with a little of the “Zinc”.
Next, I did his shoes with the “Mississippi Mud”, and then his leggings and wrist guards with a mix of Ceramcoat “Maple Sugar Tan” and Ceramcoat “Raw Sienna”. I then did the highlights on his belt and pouches with Americana “Sable Brown”, the highlights on his canteen with Crafter’s Edition Taupe, and the highlights on the bag tucked in his belt with Americana “Fawn”. After that I did the highlights on the shaft of his staff using Americana “Khaki Tan”, and then highlighted all the metal bits with Ceramcoat “Metallic Silver”. Lastly, I painted the entire base with “Americana "Mississippi Mud”.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”.
I’m very happy with how he came out. It was a fun figure to paint.
I plan to have the terrapin done for Thursday, so check in then to see the pair together.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/08/rusgo-terrapin-driver-bones-4-dreadmere.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/186953599853