Dreadmere Wight: Bones 4 Dreadmere Figure

Chris Palmer

      This past week I painted the Dreadmere Wight from the Bones 4 Dreadmere expansion set.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsed and dried it. Then, after cutting down the base a little, I glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmers glue.

      I began by painting all the skin with Americana “Reindeer Moss Green”, and the under smock with Americana “Antique White”.  I then and the robes with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, and the cowl with Americana “Asphaltum”.

      Next, I painted the rope belts with Americana “Fawn”, and the tankard, belt buckle, and robe clasp with Americana “Zinc”.  I then painted the little coffin with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, his beard with Apple Barrel “Rock Grey”, and his teeth with Americana “Bleached Sand”.

          Then, when everything had had time to dry,  I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash.  When the wash was dry, I repainted the tankard with Reaper MSP “Aged Pewter”, and the belt buckle, and robe clasp with Accent “Princely Pewter”.  Then, when those colors had had time to dry, I went over them with a little Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash.   After that, I painted the eyes with Americana “Moon Yellow”.

    Next, I highlighted the skin with the base “Reindeer Moss Green”. After that, I painted his toe and finger nails with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”. I then highlighted his under smock with the base “Antique White”, and highlighted his robes with Folk Art “Teddy Bear Brown”.  After that, I highlighted his cowl with Nicole’s “Brown”, and then did the highlights on his beard with first, Folk Art “Platinum Grey”, and then a little Americana “Snow White”. While I had the “Snow White” out, I added some little dots to his eyes and teeth with it.   I then turned to the rope belts, highlighting them with the “Bleached Sand”, and the little coffin hanging from the belt with a mix of a little of the “Bleached Sand” with the base “Mississippi Mud”.  I then highlighted his tankard with Ceramcoat “Metallic Silver”, and the buckle and clasp with some Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”.  Lastly, I painted the entire base with the “Mississippi Mud”.
       I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”.

   This was a fun simple figure to paint up , and I’m really happy with how he turned out!

via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/07/dreadmere-wight-bones-4-dreadmere-figure.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/186468174413
via IFTTT

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Dreadmere Wight: Bones 4 Dreadmere Figure

  1. Nice job there, Chris! You’re making good progress!

    • cnjpalmer says:

      Thanks, John, on both points!

      It seems such an uphill battle to me; I paint so slow, and the unpainted pile so big! 😀

  2. Love this one – creeeepy

Leave a Reply to Mark A. Morin Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: