As I started into the work week, I had the basic colors down on all twelve figures, but had done the final detail work on just one. I reached yesterday evening with all 9 troopers done, and the three command figures remaining.
|Nine troopers completed this week|
I finished up the officer and the fifer without too much trouble this morning, and that just left me with the flag. I haven’t done a historical British flag in quite a while, and I hoped it was going to be similar to the flags I’d done for the French and Indian War. This turned out to be true, so I had the choice of doing the King’s Color (a Union Jack with a wreath and the number) or the Regimental Color, a flag of the facing color with a Union Jack in the canton and a wreath and number, and chose the latter, to keep my straight lines down to short ones. A quick internet search turned up a site with a picture, fortuitously, of the flag patterns of the 37th Regiment. Of course, it turns out that there was a picture because it was special, but that specialness wasn’t too hard to paint. The 37th is one of the Minden regiments, and the wreath on their flag afterward includes roses intertwined with thistle flowers.
|The flag, after a little recreational vexillogy|
By lunchtime, I had everything based and sprayed with a varnish coat, and there we have it: The first reinforcements to this project since 2006, if my painting records are correct. I’m not sure if that sets a new personal record for longest time between things painted for a project, but it does, at least make it look like painting a dozen units or so by next May is merely ambitious, not impossible.
via The Sharp End of the Brush http://sharpbrush.blogspot.com/2019/06/expanding-french-revolution-project_9.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/185481214233