This past week I picked another easy one to paint. With it being the Thanksgiving weekend, I was traveling; and I still have a number of other painting projects I’m trying to finish up before the holiday stuff gets really crazy. So, following on the heels of the Ship Captain last week, I did the Ship Hand, from the Bones 3 “Mythos Expansion: Part 3” this week. I didn’t buy this expansion, but picked up this figure through a trade.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I began by painting his face and hands with Americana “Shading Flesh”, and then painted his jacket with Crafter’s Acrylic “Navy Blue”, and his pants with Americana “Neutral Grey”.
Next, I painted his hair with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, and his hat with Ceramcoat “Opaque Red”. I then painted his neckerchief with Apple Barrel “Apple Scotch Blue”, his belaying pin with Americana “Light Cinnamon”, and his shoes with Ceramcoat “Black”.
When everything was dry, I gave his face, hands, and hat a wash with Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash; and when that was dry, I gave the rest of him a wash with Citadel “Nuln Oil ” wash. I then painted his eyes, and highlighted his face and hands with the base “Shading Flesh”, and some Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”. After that, I highlighted his hat with Crafter’s Acrylic “Orange Spice”, and his hair with Americana “Sable Brown”.
I then highlighted his pants with Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”, and his jacket with Ceramcoat “Denim Blue”. Next, I highlighted his neckerchief with crafter’s Acrylic “Cool Blue”, the belaying pin with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”, and his shoes with Americana “Zinc”.
Lastly, I painted the figure’s integral base with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s Dullcote".
I’m happy with this one too. Like last week’s Captain, he’s nothing exciting; but will certainly work just fine on the tabletop.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/11/ship-hand-bones-3-figure.html
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/180518674578