Lesser Stitch Golem: Bones 3 Figure

Chris Palmer

   This week I was again pressed for time, so I selected one of the Lesser Stitch Golems from the Bones 3 Stoneskull Expansion add-on to paint, figuring it would be simpler to get done in limited time.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.   I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.

  I began by giving the figure a wash with Reaper MSP “Brown Liner”; and when that was dry, I started painting by doing the button section of fabric on his back with Folk Art “Deep Tomato Red”.  I then painted the area around his shoulders with Americana “Antique White”, and the section of fabric on his belly with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”.

      Next, I painted his head, and sections of his arms with Americana “Sable Brown”, and then painted bits of his thighs and arms with Folk Art “Barn Wood”, and then his feet and other parts of his arms with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.

I then painted the two cloth patches on his front; doing the lefthand one in Reaper MSP “Frosty Blue” with Crafter’s Acrylic “Purple Passion” checks, and the right hand one with Crafter’s Acrylic “Forest Green” with a Crafter’s Acrylic “Bright Yellow” pattern on it. 

     Next, I painted the “hands” with Americana “Zinc”, and then all the buttons with a a variety of colors I had sitting around the work table.    Then, after everything had time to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthsahde” wash.

     After the wash was dry, I began highlighting by drybrushing all the brown/tan colored cloth with the “Antique White”, and then did a lighter drybrushing with Americana “Bleached Sand”.    Next, I highlighted the front center cloths; using the base “Frosty Blue”, and some Apple Barrel “Apple Lavender” on he lefthand one, and Americana “Jade Green”, and the Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow” on the right hand one.   Around the back, I highlighted the central panel with  Ceramcoat “Bright Red”.  After that, I did the stitching, using both the “Bleached Sand”, and Ceramcoat “Black” in different spots.  I highlighted the buttons a variety of colors I had sitting around, and then painted the “Hands” with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”, and then highlighted them with Ceramcoat “Metallic Silver”.
      Lastly, I painted the figure’s integral base with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.
     I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s Dullcote".

     Well, I’m happy with how this fella turned out.  He was a lot of fun to do, and I look forward to painting his brothers from the same set. 

via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/10/lesser-stitch-golem-bones-3-figure.html
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/178858360853
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: