This past week I painted the Halfling Cook from the Bones 3 Townsfolk set.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 7/8" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue. And, when the glue was dry, I put it in my Citadel painting grip.
I began by painting his head, arms, and feet with Americana “Shading Flesh”. I then painted his shirt with Accent “Mustard Seed”, his pants with Accent “Real Umber”, and his vest with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”.
Next, I painted his apron and hat with Americana “Dove Grey”. I then did his hair with Crafter’s Edition “Spice Brown”, and his spoon with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”. After everything had a while to dry, I went back and went over his head and feet with a wash of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash.
When that wash was dry, I then gave a wash to all his clothing and the spoon with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash. After I let this second wash I dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his skin areas with a mix of the “Shading Flesh”, and some Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”. Afterwards, I highlighted his hair with Americana “Sable Brown”, and the spoon with Americana “Khaki Tan”.
Next, I highlighted his hat and apron with a mix of the “Dove Grey”, and Americana “Snow White”. I then highlighted his shirt with a mix of the base “Mustard Seed”, and some Crafter’s Acrylic “Bright Yellow”,and then did the highlights on his vest with some Reaper MSP “Holly Berry”. I followed that with highlighting his pants with Folk Art “Teddy Bear Brown”.
I then worked on the pot, painting it first Americana “Black”, and then painting the soup with Folk Art “Porcelain White”. When the “Porcelain White” was dry, I gave it a wash with some Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash. When the wash was dry, I added a few highlight dots to the soup with the base “Porcelain White”. I then highlighted the pot with some Americana “Zinc”. I finished up by painting the base with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.
I let the figure sit all day, and that evening I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. The next afternoon I gave the figure a coat of Testor’s “Dullcote” spray varnish.
A fun little figure; nothing to get excited about, but I’m pleased with how he came out.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/04/halfling-cook-bones-3-figure.html
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/173230837508