A Pair of Ghasts Painted up as Ghouls for Ghost Archipelago.

Chris Palmer

    This past week I painted up a pair of Ghasts to represent some Ghouls for Ghost Archipelago.   These figures were from the Bones 2, 24 Bonus Figure Set.
     I prepped these figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them.   I then did some conversion work on one of them, turning his head, and repositioning his left arm.  Afterward, I glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue under each washer.   

     I began by painting the entire body with Folk Art “Grey Green”.  I then painted the scraps of remaining tunic on the left one with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”, and on the right one with Crafter’s Acrylic “Navy Blue”.   After that, I painted their belts with Americana “Raw Umber”.

Next, I painted their teeth with Americana “Antique White”, and their tongues with Black.  Then, when everything had time to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash.  When the wash was dry, I painted their eyes with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”, and highlighted their teeth with Americana “Bleached Sand”. 

    I decided I didn’t like the plain white eyes, so I added pupils with Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”.   I then highlighted their skin with Folk Art “Porcelain White”.  After that, I highlighted the left tunic with Reaper MSP “Ginger Cookie”, and the one on the right with Ceramcoat “Denim Blue”.   Next, I highlighted their belts with Americana “Sable Brown”, and painted the belt buckles with Americana “Terra Cotta”.  Lastly, I painted the figures’ bases with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.
     I let the figures dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the bases.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor’s Dullcote".

     They’re nothing wonderful, but will serve well in their rolls as Ghouls for Ghost Archipelago.  I’m not convinced I like how the milky eyes turned out, and may try something else next time.

via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/02/a-pair-of-ghasts-painted-up-as-ghouls.html
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/171318846948
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: