With all the Christmas stuff to get done around the house, I picked something quick and easy to paint, so chose the Iron Maiden from the Bones 3 Torture Chamber set.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1.“ fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the main body with Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate”, and the head with Black
I then drybrushed the head with Ceramcoat “Bronze, and when that was dry, I gave the entire piece a wash with Citadel "Nuln Oil” wash.
When the wash was dry, I added some rust effects to the main body with Crafter’s Edition “Spice Brown”, and then Accent “Golden Oxide”.
Next, when the wash was dry, I lightly drybrushed the main body with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. After that I drybrushed some highlights on the head with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”. I then painted the base with Americana “Neutral Grey”, and when that was dry, gave the stones on the figure’s base a light wash using a wet brush with the “Nuln Oil”. When the wash was dry, I did a quick highlight on the stones with the base “Neutral Grey”.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Then, another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s Dullcote".
I’m pretty happy with how this turned out. I’m particularly pleased with how the rusty metal ended up looking.
Since next Monday is Christmas I won’t be posting a figure. Please tune in again on New Year’s Day, when I hope (fingers crossed!) to be bale to post my first figure of 2018.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2017/12/torture-equipment-iron-maiden-bones-3.html
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/168690354683