Daily Archives: June 15, 2017

Japanese Cards for Combat Patrol(TM)

Buck

I have begun to format the cards for the Japanese South Pacific supplement to Combat Patrol™: World War II.  The Action Deck is largely the same as the basic rules.  The difference will be in the morale section.  For the Japanese cards, the morale results are more unit type results and fewer individual results.  The graphics look more tropical as well.

The South Pacific set will include three Action Decks.  For those who don’t want to buy the South Pacific set of Acton Decks, they can look up the serial number on the bottom of a card and index the result in a table in the South Pacific supplement.  Other than the cards, the South Pacific supplement will be a free download, like all the other supplements.

from Buck’s Blog http://bucksurdu.com/blog/?p=6513
via IFTTT
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/161875245728
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Some Quick and Simple Bones 3 Weapon Swaps.

Chris Palmer

     Since I got a number of the new hard plastic weapon sprues in my recent Bones 3 Kickstarter shipment,  I was eager to play with some of them and do some simple conversions on a couple of the new figures.
       As shown in my previous post I got two types of weapons sprues from the KS; a grey plastic set that came with the Core set, and a clear plastic set that was a additionally purchased add-on set.   Each of these sets came with four different sprues: The Arsenal, The Armory of Virtue, The Armory of Vice, and the Armory of Death.

All four clear sets.

A section of the Armory of Virtue.

 I began by selecting three figures that I thought would be simple ones to do conversions on; with weapon wielding hands accessibly placed on outstretched arms: Galadanoth, Elf Sniper, from the original Core Set, one of the Bandits from the Stoneskull set, and Jurden, Half-Orc Paladin from the Heroes I Set.  I also selected three weapons, a clear bow from the Arsenal Set, a hammer from the Armory of Death set, and a sword from the Armory of Virtue.

     I began by slicing off the existing weapons directly above and below the hand, trying to leave nice flat cuts perpendicular to the alignment of the hand.   I then drilled small holes through the hands with my Dremel tool.

You can see here I slipped on the archer’s hand and accidentally drilled through part of it. 

    Then I used a hobby knife to make a small slice through the hand right at the end of the fingertips and base of the thumb.  You need to be extra careful to only cut though one side of the drilled hole, and not slice the whole end of the hand off.
     I then test fit the weapons into the hands to make sure the hand would close again around the grip of the weapon.  If they were too big, rather than risk drilling a larger hole, I simply filed down the handle of the weapon a little to make its diameter smaller.

      I then super glued the weapon into place, and held the hand closed until the glue set. For the archer with the missing section of hand, I tried to apply some extra superglue to fill in where the missing fingers would be.  I’ll then attempt to hide the mistake with paint.

     I’m happy with how these turned out, and look forward to painting them up.   It may be a while though, as my Bones 3 painting queue is beginning to get quite extensive as I keep picking out one cool figure after another to paint “next”.  😀

via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2017/06/some-quick-and-simple-bones-3-weapon.html
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/161851392183
via IFTTT

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: