Bloodhoof, Minotaur Barbarian: Bones 2 Figure

Chris Palmer

     This past week I took a break from Gnolls and worked on another beastman figure for our upcoming Frostgrave game: Bloodhoof, Minotaur Barbarian, from the Beast Mode set.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.    I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1.5" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

     I began by giving the figure a wash with heavily thinned Reaper “Brown Liner” using a wet brush.  When that was dry, I painted his skin with Games Workshop “Vermin Brown”.  I then painted his head and leg fur with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, and his loin cloth with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”.

      Next, I painted all his straps and one of his belts with Americana “Raw Umber”. I painted the other belt  with Folk Art “Teddy Bear Brown”, and then painted the axe handle and a patch of material on his shoulder with Folk Art “Dark Brown”.   After that, I painted his horns with Folk Art Platinum Grey", and then painted his hooves, and the base with Americana “Charcoal Grey”. I worked on the base colors for the metal next, painting his axe head and some of his armor bits with Americana “Zinc”, and then painting his nose ring, arm band, and some of the other armor with Accent “Mustard Seed”.

      I then repainted the parts I had painted the “Zinc” using Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”; and repainted the parts I had painted with the “Mustard Seed using Ceramcoat "Bronze”.  Then, when everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.   When the wash was dry, I highlighted his skin with a mix of Americana “terra Cotta” and the “Vermin Brown”.  After that, I highlighted his head and lower legs with Americana “Sable Brown”.  I painted his eyes with Accent “RealUmber”, and added tiny white dots to each.

     Next, I highlighted his loin cloth with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”,  and then highlighted the straps, and the axe handle, with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.  I also blended in some black to the ends of his horns. I then worked on the metallics; highlighting the axe and armor that I had originally painted with the “Gunmetal Grey” using Ceramcoat “Metallic Silver”, and the parts I had painted with the “Bronze”, using Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.
      When I was done painting the figure, I used some white glue to glue a little sand to the base.  When this was dry, I painted the sand with the “Charcoal Grey”, and when the paint was dry, I drybrushed the base with some of the Territorial Beige", and then some Americana “Antique White”.
    I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave him a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed him with Testor’s Dullcote".

     I like how he turned out.  It’s nothing exciting, but a nice solid gaming figure. I’m going to try to finish up his partner the Minotaur Hero figure next week before returning to the Gnolls.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2pXEaCg
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2q7aJKy
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: