Snakeman Warrior: Figure 249 of 266

Chris Palmer

     This week I painted up the Snakeman Warrior from the Swamp Things set.   I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
     I forgot to take a picture before I started applying paint, so here is the stock one from the Reaper website.

     I began by painting the scales with Nicole’s “Brown”, and the underbelly and arms with Americana “Sable Brown”.

     Next, I painted some large oval blotches running down its back, and some smaller ones running down the sides, using Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”, Then I painted edges around the large blotches using Reaper MSP Bones “Cinnamon Red”.  After that, I painted the leather harness and straps as well as the large pouch on its back with Citadel “Snakebite Leather”.  Then I painted his armor, wrist braces, buckles, sword hilts and bow fittings, all with Accent Mustard Seed".

     I followed that with painting the main part of his quiver with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”, and the top part with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”.  Next, I painted his bow with Folk Art “Gray Green”, and then painted the grip with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”.  I painted the arrow shafts with Crfater’s Edition “Taupe, and the fletchings with Americana "Buttermilk”.

     Next, I re-painted all the armor, wrist braces, buckles, sword hilts, and bow fittings with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.  I let everything dry for a while, and then came back and applied a wash of Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush".   When the wash was dry, I painted his eyes with Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow”, and then gave them Black slit pupils.  I then highlighted his underbelly scales with Americana “Khaki Tan”.

     I then did a little highlighting of his head using the “Sable Brown” and did highlights on all the leather parts using a mix of the base “Snakebite Leather” and Ceramcoat “Maple Syrup Tan”.  Next, I highlighted the body of his quiver with Americana “Georgia Clay”, and the top part with the “Taupe”.  I highlighted the fletchings with Americana “Bleached Sand”, and the bow with the base “Gray Green”.  Next, I painted the sword blades with Americana “Zinc”.   I then highlighted all the “Bronze” areas with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.  I then went back and painted the sword blades with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”, followed with highlights using Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.
   I then worked on painting the gem in his left wrist guard.  I first painted it with Crafter’s Acrylic “Christmas Red”, and then did a shadow area with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”.  I then did a little highlight area with Ceramcoat “Opaque Red” followed with some White highlights.  Lastly, I painted his integral base with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
           I let the figure dry over night and the next day I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. When dry, I flocked the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s Dullcote".

     I like how the figure came out.  He got a little bit of a rush treatment, as I was short of time this week; but I think he still looks good for tabletop use.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2cZgRy4
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2duTY6u
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: