Seltyiel, Iconic Magus: Figure 244 of 266

Chris Palmer

  Over the weekend I finished up the first of the Iconics II Pathfinder Miniatures set: Seltyiel, Iconic Magus.  I’ve slowly been trying to create a Wizard and Apprentice pair for each of the 10 schools of magic from the Frostgrave core rulebook, and one of the ones I haven’t done yet is the Elementalist type.   I thought this guy might make a good fire-based Elementalist, so decided to go that direction with my painting.
         I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
    I began by giving the entire figure a wash with Reaper MSP “Brown Liner” using a wet brush.

   When the Liner wash was dry, I began painting by doing his skin with Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”.   Next, I painted his coat with Americana “Asphaltum”, and then painted the lining with Crafter’s Acrylic “Orange Spice”.

     I then painted his waist hanging with Apple Barrel “Yellow”, and then ll his armor bits with Citadel “Snakebite Leather”.  Next, I painted his sash with Ceramcoat “Opaque Red”; and then did his dagger scabbard, side scabbard, pouch, and bottle holder all with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”.  I then painted the scabbard around back with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”, and his boots and weapon grips with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.

     Next, I painted his hair with Apple Barrel “Apple Maple Syrup”, and then painted the bottle at his waist with Crafter’s Acrylic “Purple Passion”.  I then painted all the little studs and buckles, the hilt of the sword, and the fittings on the scabbards, all with Accent “Mustard Seed”.  I then went back and repainted all these with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.

     After everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.  When the wash was dry, I painted his eyes; and then highlighted his skin with the base “Flesh”, and then mixed in a little Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White” to do lighter highlights.    I then highlighted his hair with Americana “Buttermilk”, and then used a little of the “Light Antique White”.  After that, I highlighted his coat with a mix of Folk Art “Barn Wood” and the original “Asphaltum”.

     Next, I highlighted the coat’s lining with a mix of the base Orange Spice", and some Crafter;s Acrylic “Pure Pumpkin”.  I then highlighted all the leather armor using a mix of the base “Snakebite Leather”, and some of the Apple Maple Syrup" I had used on the hair.  I highlighted the sash with Americana “Cadmium Red”, and the waist hanging with Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow”. Then I highlighted the little bottle with a mix of the base “purple Passion”, and some Apple Barrel “Apple Lavender”.    Next, I began work on the flaming bird spell effect in his hand by painting his hand and the bottom of the bird with Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon”.  I tried to feather it down his forearm a little.

     Next, I used some of the “Daffodil Yellow” working out from the “Lemon Chiffon”, both up the body of the bird, and along the edges of the “Lemon Chiffon” on his forearm. After that I used some of the “Yellow”, working up the body of the bird and out across the underside of his wings; and then Americana “Tangerine”, and then the “Orange Spice”.  I followed this with some of the “Cadmium Red”, and lastly along the tips of the wings and tops of the birds horns, some Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”.  I then went back and added highlights to his fingers with plain “White”.
      I then painted his sword blade with Americana “Zinc”.  After that I went back and added highlights to the parts I had painted with the “Bronze”, using Ceramcoat “14K Gold”. And I followed up that by painting the sword blade with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”.  I then highlighted the blade with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.   Lastly, I painted the figure’s integral base with White.
    When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning.  Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics “Snow” flock and the next day I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.

     I’m pleased with how he turned out, especially the flaming bird spell effect.

Figure 244 of 266: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2c4hiWM
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2cDQhw3
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: