This week I also painted Damien, Hellborn Wizard from the Dark Heroes set, which completes that set. It now joins the list of completed sets over on the right.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by giving the figure a wash with Reaper “Blue Liner” using a wet brush. This was to help bring out the details so I could see them better. When that was dry, I painted all his skin with Crafter’s Acrylic “African Violet”. Next, I painted his pants with Crafter’s Acrylic Cinnamon Brown, and then painted his coat with Ceramcoat “Opaque Red”.
Next, I painted his boots, coat interior, shoulders, and lapels, hair, belts and pouches, and what appear to be shirt cuffs? all with Black. I then painted his staff with Folk Art “Gray Green”, and the rock on top with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”. After that, I painted his coat cuff strips, necklaces, buttons, and buckles all with Accent “Mustard Seed”. I then painted his horns with Folk Art “Cloudy Day”.
Next, I highlighted his coat with the base “Opaque Red”, and then highlighted his pants with Crafter’s Edition “Spice Brown”. I drybrushed his boots, coat lapels, and shoulder pads, all with Americana “Zinc”, and then highlighted his hair with Citadel “The Fang”. I then highlighted his staff by drybrushing it with the base “Gray Green”, and then highlighted the rock with some Americana “Cranberry Wine”. I then highlighted his horns with some of the base “Cloudy Day” mixed with a little Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”. After that I highlighted his coat cuff stripes, necklaces, buttons, and buckles all with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”. Lastly, I painted his base with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
I let the figure dry over night and the next day I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” and, when dry, flocked the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s Dullcote".
I’m happy with how the figure turned out. I tried going with some bold color choices and in the end I think they worked.
Next up I’ll be starting the Iconics II Pathfinder Miniatures set.
Figure 243 of 266: Complete