Damiel, Iconic Alchemist: Figure 219 of 266

Chris Palmer

     Over the weekend I finished up Damiel, Iconic Alchemist, from the Iconics and Officially Licensed Pathfinder Miniatures Set.  Only two more figures to go from this set.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then I gave it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsed and dried it.  Next, I glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

   I began by painting his face and hands with Americana “Shading Flesh”.  I then painted his bottom layer coat with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, and then hit the deep recess where it opens at the center bottom of it with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.  Next I painted the top coat with Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”.

   My next step was to paint his utility vest with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”, and then the corset-like piece he wears with Citadel Snakebite Leather".  I also used this color to paint his wrist guards.  Then I painted the riveted straps down his front with Accent “Golden Harvest”.

     I then worked on some of his accessory pieces.  I used the “Bittersweet Chocolate” to paint his backpack, and then painted the keg with Nicole’s “Brown”.  The book hanging at his side I painted with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna” for the Cover, and Americana “Bleached Sand” for the pages. I painted his hair with Apple Barrel “Apple Maple Syrup”, and some of the flasks hanging off him with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”.  I noticed his shoes, and painted those with Accent “Real Umber”.   

      I let everything dry for a while, and then gave the figure a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.  When the wash was dry, I worked on highlighting his hair, first with Americana “Moon Yellow, and then With Americana "Buttermilk”.  Next, I painted his eyes, and worked on highlighting his skin with a mix of the “Shading Flesh”, and Crafters Acrylic “Flesh”.

     I then started highlighting his clothing, beginning by doing his bottom layer coat with Americana “Sable Brown”.  Next, I wanted to give his top layer coat a “white lab-coat” look, so I first added highlights with Americana “Dove Grey”, and then did more spot highlights with plain White.   I then highlighted his utility vest using Americana “Khaki Tan”. 
     Next, I highlighted the corset-like piece he wears as well as the forearm guards with Accent “Golden Oxide”.  I then worked around the back  a bit; highlighting the backpack with Folk Art “Dark Brown”, and the cask with the “Sable Brown”.  I highlighted his shoes with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, and then used the color to paint the dagger scabbard hanging at this front.  I used some of the “Bittersweet Chocolate” to paint the dagger’s handle.   I then painted the unpainted flasks, and the test-tubes along his sides, with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cool Blue”.  I did highlights on the flasks I had painted earlier with the “Platinum Grey” with the “Dove Grey”, and the ones I had just painted with the “Cool Blue”, I highlighted with White.  I then painted some liquid in the flask he’s holding, with Nicole’s “Neon Green”.  When it was dry, I gave it a wash with Iron Wind Metals “Dark Green” ink.  I then reapplied a White highlight.  
    I now worked on the metallics.  I painted the dagger in his hand,  some of the buckles on his backpack, and the fasteners on his lab coat,  with Folk Art Metallic’s “Gunmetal Grey”.  I then painted the protective armor running up his chest and chin with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.  I also used this color to paint the clasp and fittings on the book at his side, the buckle on the corset belt, and the fittings on the dagger he holds.  I then went back and added a highlight to the dagger blade with Folk Art Metallics  "Silver Sterling".  I highlighted all the parks I had painted with the “Bronze”, using Ceramcaot “14K Gold”.    
     I finished up by painting the figure’s white base with Cermacoat “Walnut”.
    After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.   When the varnish was dry, I flocked the base, and that evening I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote. 

   I like the way this fellow turned out.  I think the white “lab-coat” look works well on him.
Figure 219 of 266: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1XsgHly
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/22mmYAj
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: