Malek Necromancer: Figure 207 0f 266

Chris Palmer

   Last week, before I left for Cold Wars, I put the finishing touches on Malek Necromancer from the Necromancers set.  I’m now half way through this set, with two done, and two to go.

      I began by painting the figure entirely in Black.  I then drybrushed the cape with Folk Art “Dapple Gray”.  Next, I painted his leggings and sleeves with Americana “Zinc”, and then I added highlights to his loincloth with Duncan “Olive Green”.

My next step was to paint his mask with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”.  I then painted highlights on his boots, belt, and gauntlets with Americana “Neutral Grey”.  Next, I painted all the parts I planned to eventually paint gold with Folk Art “Golden Harvest”. 

    I then painted the skulls at his feet with Nicole’s “Brown”, and the rod of his staff with Crafter’s Acrylic “Navy Blue”.  After that I painted his sword with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”, and the sword hilt, scabbard top, staff parts, and the skulls on his outfit with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.   After everything had a while to dry, I gave his mask and all the metallic parts a wash with GW Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush.

    I took some time to work on the skulls he’s standing upon at this point.  First, I drybrushed them with Americana “Khaki Tan”, and then with Americana “Buttermilk”.  I then painted on spot highlights with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”.  By now the wash was dry, so I worked on his mask.  First I carefully painted in eyes, then I used some of the “Light Antique White to do highlights.  Next, I added highlights to his staff with Americana "True Blue”, and I highlighted the ribbon that seems to be hanging from the staff, with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”.    I then did highlights to his leggings and sleeves with Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”; and then touched up the highlights on his cape with the original “Dapple Grey”, and his gloves and boots with the “Neutral Grey”.   Moving on to the metallics, I did highlights on his sword with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”, and I highlighted all the gold parts with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.
      Lastly, I painted the base White.  When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning.  Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics “Snow” flock and late that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.  When the Dullcote was dry, I superglued a red nail-art gem to the circle at the top of his staff.

    I really like how he turned out, and I think the gem on his staff makes a really nice accent.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1RuThMb
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1o1xQV5
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: