This past weekend, I finished up the four Orc Berserker figures from the Orcpocalypse add-on set. As with the group of Orc Marauders (from the same set) that I finished recently, I tried to do minor conversions to each one to give them a little individuality.
I prepped these figures in the usual way, washing them in some dish soap, lightly scrubbing them with a soft toothbrush, and then letting them dry. I then did the conversions to them using Gorilla superglue gel. Looking at the row below; The first orc is untouched. The second has had his hands flipped around and repositioned opposite of the way they were so the sword now is in front of the orc. I also replaced the sword blade with one from one of the Orc Stalker figures. The third orc has had the sword removed, his hands drilled out, and a toothpick spear-shaft inserted. I borrowed the spearhead from one of the Orc Hunter figures. The fourth orc, has had his forearms removed and replaced with a pair from one f the Orc Stalker figures.
After the conversions were done, I glued the four onto black primed 1.25 inch fender washers using Aleene’s Tacky glue. I then glued them onto a tongue depressor, for ease of painting, using a couple drops of Elmer’s white glue each.
I began by painting them entirely Black; and then when the Black was dry, I drybrushed them entirely with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. I then passed over them with a lighter drybrush of Folk Art Metallics “Silver Sterling”.
I then painted their skin with with Aleene’s “Deep Khaki”. Next, I painted their cloth “skirts” hanging under the chainmail: Orc one with Americana “Terra Cotta”, Orc two with Nicole’s “Brown”, Orc three with Americana “Zinc”, and Orc four with Apple Barrel “Apple Black Green”. I painted the grips on all the swords with the “Asphaltum”, and the spear shaft with Americana “Mississippi Mud”. I then painted the wrist guard wraps on the first two orcs with the “Asphaltum”, and the second two with Americana “Charcoal Grey”. Then, I painted their teeth with Americana “Buttermilk”.
After everything had a chance to dry, I gave all four figures a complete wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush. When the wash was dry, I painted their boots, belts, and straps wit Black. I hen painted their eyes with the “Buttermilk”, and gave them black pupils.
I then did highlights to their skin using the original “Deep Khaki”, then mixed a little of the “Deep Khaki” with Aleene’s “Dusty Khaki” to do lighter highlights. After that, I did highlights on their “skirts”, using the base color for Orcs one and two, Americana “Neutral Grey” for Orc three, and Folk Art “Hunter Green” for Orc four. Next, I did highlights on the wristguard wraps using the “Mississippi Mud”, and on their boots, belts, and straps using the “Zinc”. Lastly, I did highlights on all the metal bits using Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.
After everything had dried overnight, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” and, when dry, flocked their bases. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor’s Dullcote".
I’m really happy how this guys turned out! I think they ended up really looking like individuals.
Figures 202-205: Complete
via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1YmnTi4
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1UMPGsc