Daily Archives: March 3, 2016

Quick and Easy Treasure Tokens for Frostgrave

Chris Palmer   I always seemed to be short of treasure tokens when ever I would run my Frostgrave games, so I decided to make up some quick and easy ones using some odd weapons and shields from my bits box.  The intention was to represent a pile of abandoned ancient weapons that might hide a magic item or two of immense value.
   I glued the selected pieces onto a couple 7/8" fender washer with some superglue.

 After the glue was dry, I sprayed the tokens with flat black spray paint, and then painted them with my regular craft acrylics.  When done, I gave them a shot of Testor’s Dullcote.

    I’m pleased with how they came out, and they were certainly easy enough to make.

via One More Gaming Project http://ift.tt/1oRDvOj
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1RJZfp4
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Bones II: Snow Leopard

Chris Palmer

     This week I finished up the big cat figure from the Bones II Original Figures set.   I chose to paint it up like a Snow Leopard for Frostgrave.
   I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1.25" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

      I began by painting the figure with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”. When that was dry, I gave the figure a wash with GW “Badab Black” wash using a wet brush.

      When the wash was dry, I drybrushed the figure with the base “Platinum Grey”, and then drybrushed the underside areas with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”, followed with a lighter drybrushing of the underside areas with plain White.

      I then painted spots on the figure with Black and used Americana “Mississippi Mud” to paint the centers of the spots. Next, I did his eyes using Crafter’s Acrylic “Tropical Blue” with Black pupils, and the nose with a mix of Crafter’s Acrylic “Tutti Frutti” and a little of the “Mississippi Mud”.
     Lastly, I painted the base White.  I then glued on a couple bits of gravel.   When the glue was dry, I painted the gravel Black, then drybrushed it with Americana “Neutral Grey”, then did a lighter drybrush with the “Porcelain Grey”. When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  Then, the next morning I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics “Snow” flock.  Later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.

     I’m very happy with how this snow leopard turned out. It ended up being a quick and easy paint.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1RJYIDB
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/24Dq0md
via IFTTT

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: