This week I wrapped up the Bedevilled Set by painting Vandorendra, Snake Demon. The Bedevilled Set now joins the list of completed sets over in the righthand column. I’m going to take a short break from doing Vampire sets next week, and start working on 4 of the Orcs from the Orcpocalpyse add-on set. I realized I didn’t want to get to the end of painting the Bones I Vampire pledge, and suddenly be faced with 20 orcs to paint, so I thought I’d start feeding them in between sets.
I prepped Vandorendra in the usual way; soaking the figure in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1.25" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting her entire upper body, and the underbelly scales, all Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”. I then painted the rest of her upper snake scales with Crafters Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”. I also painted the area of the base in between her snake coils; were the skull, bones, and sword are, as well as the weapon grips, with Ceramcoat Walnut. Next, I painted all the weapon hilts and jewelry with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.
After the first colors had had a while to dry, I gave the entire a figure a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash. When the wash was dry, I painted her hair black. I also painted the skull and bones on the base with Americana “Khaki Tan”, and the sword scabbard with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”.
Next, I highlighted the hair with a mix of Folk Art “Cloudy Day” and Black, then I did finer highlights with just the “Cloudy Day”. Then lastly, I mixed a little White with the “Cloudy Day” and did some spot highlights on the hair. I also did highlights on the the skull and bones with Americana “Buttermilk, and finer highlights with Crafter’s Acrylic "Light Antique White”. I then finished painting the ground under the skull, bones, and scabbard by drybrushing it lightly with GW Khemri Brown", and then Crafter’s Edition “Taupe”