Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue: Figure 192 of 266

Chris Palmer

    This week I completed Tiviel Hellborn Rogue, from the Bedevilled set.  I now only have one more figure left to do from this set.
    When looking at this figure there was something about it that looked more Sci-Fi than Fantasy to me.  I don’t know if it was the outfit, or the stance, or just the general demeanor of the figure; but to me it looked a bit more like a Star Trek alien than a fantasy world demon. So, I decided to go with that for my painting scheme.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
     I began by painting all her skin with Americana “Olive Green”.   I then made a 50/50 mix of Iron Wind Metals “Mid Green” and “Dark Green” inks, and applied it on the skin using a wet brush.

  When the wash was dry, I painted her pants with Ceramcoat “Raw Sienna”. I then did highlights on the pants with Folk Art “Mustard Seed”, and finer highlights with Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow”.  Next, I painted her chaps with Black.

     I then did highlights on the chaps with a mix of Black and Ceramcoat “Denim Blue”.  I painted her top next with Americana “Neutral Grey”; then painted the pouches, belt, and dagger handles with Americana “Asphaltum”.   I next painted her hair with Americana “Forest Green”, and her horns with Americana “Zinc”.

     I then highlighted her top with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”, and then painted her wrist ornamentations with Black, and highlighted them with a mix of Black and the “Denim Blue”. While I had the “Denim Blue” out, I also used it to paint her dagger blades and do some highlights on her horns.  Next, I painted over her top with Folk Art Extreme Glitter “Hologram” paint to make it look glittery.  I then painted her dagger blades again, this time with “Metallic Blue Sapphire”, and then did highlights on the blades with Folk Art Pearl “Aqua Moire”.
      At this point I painted her boots,  shoulder and tail armor, dagger fittings and the decorations on her top with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.  When dry, I gave the “Bronze parts a careful wash with GW "Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.   When the wash was dry, I highlighted the “Bronze” with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.
     Next, I painted her hair again, this time with Folk Art “Metallic Emerald Green”, then added some White to the “Metallic Emerald Green” and did some highlights on the hair.  I then painted her eyes, and then did her lips with the “Forest Green”.  I then highlighted her skin with the base “Olive Green”.   Lastly, I painted her integral base with Black.
    When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.   When that was dry, I then spread glue on the base and covered it with black sand.  When dry, I drybrushed the sand with the “Neutral Grey”.  Then, the following day, I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.

     I’m pleased with how the Sci-Fi look turned out on her.  I think she looks like a good alien assassin, or perhaps some sort of exotic knife dancer.

Figure 192 of 266: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1RZXDsh
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1n6AEjF
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: