There will be a longer trip report later, but we had the opportunity to get together on the 26th for a Chaos Wars game. Here is a report on the Chaos Wars game…
This week I completed the IMEF set and painted the Torch McHugh and Sarah Blitzer figures. I now will move on to the Bedeviled set.
I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the figures with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”. I then painted their faces with Americana “Shading Flesh”; and their gloves, knee pads, one of the pouches at their waists, and their elbow pads with Americana “Asphaltum”. I also painted the heat shield pads on the flamethrower figure with Americana “Neutral Grey”
I then painted some of the parts of their guns, and some of the items on the first figure’s back, with Americana “Khaki Tan”. I also painted their pouches, as well as the tubing on the flamethrower, with Americana :Mississippi Mud". I then did a camouflage pattern all over their armor as a repeated series of three small dots using first, Folk Art “Porcelain White”, then Folk Art “Dark Brown”. Next, I painted the flamethrower guy’s hair with Crafters Acrylic “Orange Spice”, and the girl’s hair with Accent “Mustard Seed”. The goggles on the flamethrower guy I painted with Crafters Acrylic “Bright Yellow”.
I then gave the figures a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade"wash using a wet brush.
When the wash was dry, I drybrushed all the armor, and the guns with Americana "Buttermilk”. I then painted the small insignia on the guy’s chest plates, and the head pieces on both figures, with Black, and then drybrushed all the Black with Folk Art “Settlers Blue”. I also painted a triangular insignia on the girl’s right shoulder with the “Bright Yellow”; and added small red dots with Crafters Acrylic “Christmas Red” to her headpiece, to represent a laser sight. Next, I painted her eyes, and then did highlights on their faces with the “Shading Flesh”. I then did highlights on all the gloves, knee and shoulder pads with Crafters Edition “Spice Brown”, and on the heat shields with Folk Art “Grey Green”. Lastly, I painted their bases with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. Then, when that was dry, I spread some white glue on the bases, and dunked them in a sand mixture. When the sand mixture on the bases was dry, I painted the sand first with Americana “Charcoal Grey”, then dry brushed it with GW “Khemri Brown”, then Ceramcoat “Raw Sienna”, and lastly Americana “Buttermilk”. The next day, I sprayed the figures with Testors Dullcote".
I’m very pleased with how they turned out. Below is a picture of the whole set. They now join the list of completed sets over on the right.
Figures 188 & 189: Complete