This week I did three more of the IMEF Set; the Nick Stone, Jazz Jenkins, and Erik Proudfoot figures. Readers may remember I just did the first of this set, Regge Van Zandt, last week as a test model.
I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the figures with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”. I then painted their faces with Americana “Shading Flesh”; and their gloves, knee pads, one of the pouches at their waists, and their elbow pads with Americana “Asphaltum”.
I then painted some of the parts of their guns, and some of the items on the first figure’s back, with Americana “Khaki Tan”. I also painted some of their pouches with Americana :Mississippi Mud". I then did a camouflage pattern all over their armor as a repeated series of three small dots using first, Folk Art “Porcelain White”, then Folk Art “Dark Brown”. Next, I painted the goggles on the second two figures with Crafters Acrylic “Bright Yellow”.
I then gave the figure a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade"wash using a wet brush.
When the wash was dry, I drybrushed all the armor, and the guns with Americana "Buttermilk”. I then painted the small insignia on their chest plates, and the head piece on the first figure, with Black, and then drybrushed all the Black with Folk Art “Settlers Blue”. I also painted a triangular insignia on each of their right shoulders with the “Bright Yellow”; and added small red dots with Crafters Edition “Christmas Red” to the top bump on the front of each of the guns, as well as the first figure’s headpiece, to represent laser sights. Next, I painted their eyes, and then did highlights on their face with the “Shading Flesh”. I then did highlights on all the gloves, knee and shoulder pads with Crafters Edition “Spice Brown”. Lastly, I painted their bases with Ceramcoat “Walnut”. I then decided to paint the metal plates sculpted into the bases as old rusty metal, on two of the figures; so added some splotches Crafters Edition “Spice Brown”, and then some lighter splotches of Accent “Golden Oxide” to give the impression of rust. I finished by giving a very light drybrush of Folk Art “Gunmetal Grey” over the rusted metal parts.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. Then, when that was dry, I spread some white glue on the bases, and dunked them in a sand mixture. When the sand mixture on the bases was dry, I painted the sand first with Americana “Charcoal Grey”, then dry brushed it with GW “Khemri Brown”, then Ceramcoat “Raw Sienna”, and lastly Americana “Buttermilk”. The next day, I sprayed the figures with Testors Dullcote".
I’m very pleased with how these next three figures in this set turned out. I’m looking forward to completing the remaining two figures this week.
Figures 184-186: Complete