This week, I started working on the witch figure from the Chronoscope set, as it was Halloween week, but I realized I wasn’t going to have enough time to finish her. So, I pulled out one of the familiars from the Familiars set, and prepared that to do a quick paint job on instead.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 5/8" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the entire figure Black. I then drybrushed it with Folk At “Settlers Blue”.
I decided to give the wings a Monarch butterfly look, so I painted in the design with Crafters Acrylic “Pure Pumpkin”. I also used the “Pure Pumpkin” to give it tiny dot eyes.
Next, I painted the rock with Folk Art “Medium Grey”, then drybrushed it with Crafters Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”, and then Folk Art “Platinum Grey”. Then I painted the tiny plant atop the rock with Americana “Avocado”, and then painted in some details with Crafters Acrylic “Wild Green”.
After the figure had the afternoon to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” in the evening. The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.
It’s a nice quirky little figure, and I think the orange wings give it a nice presence.
I think I should have the Chronoscope witch ready for next week.
Figure 177 of 265: Complete.