I am dotting the last few I’s and crossing the last couple of T’s with DriveThru. The game should go live tomorrow (Tuesday). It has been a long, long journey.
This week, I started working on the witch figure from the Chronoscope set, as it was Halloween week, but I realized I wasn’t going to have enough time to finish her. So, I pulled out one of the familiars from the Familiars set, and prepared that to do a quick paint job on instead.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 5/8" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the entire figure Black. I then drybrushed it with Folk At “Settlers Blue”.
I decided to give the wings a Monarch butterfly look, so I painted in the design with Crafters Acrylic “Pure Pumpkin”. I also used the “Pure Pumpkin” to give it tiny dot eyes.
Next, I painted the rock with Folk Art “Medium Grey”, then drybrushed it with Crafters Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”, and then Folk Art “Platinum Grey”. Then I painted the tiny plant atop the rock with Americana “Avocado”, and then painted in some details with Crafters Acrylic “Wild Green”.
After the figure had the afternoon to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” in the evening. The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.
It’s a nice quirky little figure, and I think the orange wings give it a nice presence.
I think I should have the Chronoscope witch ready for next week.
Figure 177 of 265: Complete.
I was busy creating a promotion and demonstration video for Combat Patrol, which used most of my hobby time this weekend. I did manage to finish the Monarch Theater from Multiverse Gaming Terrain (http://ift.tt/1MsOB0z). This was a very fun kit to assemble and paint. Most of it was painted partially assembled and then the paint parts were put together to make the final building. This made the painting easier and the lines cleaner.
I haven’t decided what movie to put on the marquee yet.
Like all the Multiverse kits, assembly was easy — even without directions — and the number of exposed tabs is minimal. I did make one mistake that required me to pull apart something and re-do it.
The detail on this theater was quite nice. My only nit is that it would be nice to have an interior stairwell, but that really is a nit.
I typically put this gravel look on all of my flat-roofed buildings.
I wanted the color scheme to stand out and reflect the ambiance of the golden age of movies and movie houses but be period appropriate. I used this photo of art deco color schemes as inspiration.