Cultists: Bones II Figures

Chris Palmer

   This week I also completed the pair of Cultists from the Bones II Expansion Pack I.   I figured they were a suitable follow-up to the Summoning Circle and Demi-Lich I did two weeks ago.
      I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued them each to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue and glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue. .
      I began by painting the figures both completely with Black.  I then drybrushed both with Folk Art “Settlers Blue”

     Next, I painted their decorative hangings with GW “Blood Red”, and then did trim on them with  Americana “Cranberry Wine”.   I then painted the pages of the book with Americana “Buttermilk”.

      I painted their faces and hands with DecoArt “Flesh”, and the handle of the knife with Americana
“Charcoal Grey”.  I then went back and painted the teeth on the one with the book, using DecoArt “Light Antique White”.  When these had had a sufficient amount of time to dry, I gave the flesh parts and the pages of the book all a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.

     When the wash was good and dry, I began the doing the highlights.  First I highlighted the flesh parts using the base “Flesh”.  I highlighted the teeth using the base “Light Antique White”.  Then I highlighted the pages in the book with the base “Buttermilk”.   I painted all the decorative buttons and skulls on their clothing, and the book, as well as the knife hilt with Ceramcoat “Bronze”.  Next, I painted the blade of the knife with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”  I then added a fine “White” highlight line along the top edge of the knife.   Lastly, I painted the base with GW “Khemri Brown”.
     I let the figures dry the rest of the day, and that night  I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  The next morning I sprayed them with Testor’s “Dullcote” spray varnish.

    I’m pleased with how these fellows turned out.  Not the greatest paint job, but good enough for gaming use.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1VQ3vG4
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1OE1Iyn
via IFTTT

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: