This week I also completed the Large Water Elemental from the Bones II Water Elementals Add-On Option.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 2" brown-primed (It was brown because it was left over from another project and was the only washer I had on hand that would fit this large figure.) fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue. I didn’t need to glue the washer to a tongue depressor as it was big enough to hold easily in my hand while painting.
I began by giving the whole figure a wash with Iron Wind Metals “Deep Turquoise” ink applied liberally with a very wet brush.
I’m really pleased with how this figure turned out. I think the watery look really comes across.