This week, again being short of free time to paint, I skipped doing another of the Klocke Classics figures, and instead I pulled out another figure from the Who’s Your Mummy Set to work on. I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.
I began by painting the body of the figure with Folk Art “Barn Wood”.
I then painted any exposed skin with Folk Art “Poppy Seed”. Next, I painted the loin cloth, and head cloth with Folk Art “Deep Tomato Red”. I painted the back of the shield with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.
I then painted the collar piece, the top of the headdress, the scabbard, and the hangings at the waist with Americana “True Blue”. Next, I painted his belt with Folk Art “Dark Brown”. The handgrips on his weapons I painted Americana “Asphaltum”. I followed with panting his shield, scythe, and assorted decorative adornments with Cermacoat “Bronze.
I then used the "Deep Tomato Red” and “True Blue” to paint the decorations on the shield. I tried to do this in a stippling way, not completely covering the sculpted design, to give the impression of chipped and worn paint. I then took some Reaper “Surf Aqua” and dabbed some areas of corrosion on to the shield and weapon.
When all the paint had had time to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash, using a wet brush.
After everything had a day to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. The next morning I gave the base a coat of Elmer’s white glue, and dunked it in a sand mixture. When the sand had dried, I gave it a coat of the “Walnut” paint that I had heavily thinned. When this was dry, I drybrurshed the sand with first, Americana “Khaki Tan”, an then Americana “Buttermilk”. I then added a little light green static grass to the base. That evening I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.