NOVA Corp Soldiers: Figures 147 – 150 of 265

Chris Palmer

     This week I decided to finish up the NOVA Corp set that I had started two weeks ago; and set out to complete all four remaining figures at one time. The NOVA set now joins the list of completed sets over on the right, and I celebrate the milestone of now having completed 150 figures. The next goal will be when I hit the 100-remaining-figure mark.
     With the previous NOVA Corp figure I had worked on, I had tested my idea  to paint them in a sort of chameleon armor,  making it look the same as I paint my usual rocky desert-like bases.  In other words, painting the figure and base as one. I planned to do the same thing with these four figures
      I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them.  I then glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue,  When they were dry, I gave the washers and figures’ bases a brush on coat of Elmer’s white glue, and dunked them into a course sand mix.   When the sand mix had dried, I glued the figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue each.

      I began by painting the each figure, and the sand base, completely with Americana “Charcoal Grey”.

       I then gave the figures and bases a drybrushing with GW Khemri Brown.

     When the “Khemri Brown” was dry, I followed up with a drybrushing the figures and bases with Ceramcoat “Raw Sienna”.

     Lastly, I gave the four figures and bases a lighter drybrushing with Americana “Buttermilk”. 

       I now painted the head of the officer with Americana “Mocha”. I painted his hair with DecoArt “Cinnamon Brown”, and his headset with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.  When these had dried, I gave the head a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.  When the wash had dried, I went back and added eyes, with Black sockets, White whites, and  Black pupils.  I then did highlights on his head with the base “Mocha”.
      I then moved on to paint their goggles with Accent “Real Umber”, and added some small reflective light highlights to the goggles with White paint.  I then painted some of the assorted straps, breathing tubes, and ammo magazine with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”.  Lastly I painted the guns’ muzzles black, and a small insignia on their right shoulders with Folk Art “Tomato Red”.

   I’m pleased with how this group came out. (I added the Female soldier I did two weeks ago back in to the photo above.)  Not sure what I’m going to do with them though… Do I really need to start a whole 28mm Sci-Fi project just to find a home for the handful of Sci-Fi soldiers that came with the Kickstarter?? 🙂

Figures 147 – 150: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1Dtl0iA
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1OvEeQl
via IFTTT

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “NOVA Corp Soldiers: Figures 147 – 150 of 265

  1. bucksurdu says:

    Mine are all painted and ready for action. Let’s break out G.A.M.E.R. and throw down!

  2. cnjpalmer says:

    Excellent idea! GAMER would be perfect for Sci-Fi

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: