Daily Archives: December 1, 2014

Pathfinder Goblin Warriors: Figures 126 & 127 of 265

Chris Palmer

     This week I worked some more on the We Be Goblins! Pathfinder Goblins Set, painting two of the warriors.  I prepped them in the usual way; soaking in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying.  I then glued them to 7/8” fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple small dabs of Elmer’s white glue, for ease of handling during painting.
     To begin with, I painted their skin with Anita’s “Baby Blue”.  When this was dry, I gave the skin areas a wash with thinned Iron Wind Metals “Blue Ink”.

     When the ink wash was completely dry, I began painting the Goblins’ outfits.  I started with painting their tunics with Aleene’s “Deep Khaki”. Then I painted their loin “hangings/skirts” with GW “Snakebite Leather”.  Next, I did their “armor” plates with Accent “Mustard Seed”.  Their leggings I painted Citadel Foundation ”Dheneb Stone”, and their wrist wraps I painted Folk Art ”Butter Pecan”. 
     Now I worked on some of the detail bits. First, I painted the hair on both the Goblins with Folk Art “Medium Gray”. I painted their teeth Americana “Buttermilk”, and the assorted teeth  hanging around their necks I painted with the “Buttermilk” as well.  I also used the Buttermilk” to paint the skull and tusks(?) on the left-hand Goblin.  I painted their tongues with Americana “Wedgwood Blue”.  Next, I painted the cords on the “armor” plates, and the necklace cords with Ceramcoat “Maple Sugar Tan”.  I painted the feathers on the right-hand Goblin’s arms with Folk Art “Burgundy”, and the pouches they both have on their rear belts with Anita’s “Burnt Sienna”.  Finally, I painted the spear shafts with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, and the sword grip with Americana “Asphaltum”.

I now painted the spear-heads, and the sword with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”.   I then painted the ball on the sword hilt with Folk Art “Metallic Blue Sapphire”.  When everything had had time to dry, I went back and carefully applied GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash to all the parts that weren’t blue skin.  I was as careful as I could be not to let it run onto the blue skin, except I applied small amounts to their eye sockets and mouths.

After the wash had had time to dry, I went back and added highlights.  I began by drybrushing their hair with white paint.  Then I highlighted the skin with the original “Baby Blue”.  This allowed me to cover any mistakes where wash, or the drybrushed white had gotten onto the blue. Next, I added eyes with the “Buttermilk”, and then added black pupils. I also used the “Buttermilk” to highlight the teeth and bones.  I highlighted the tongues with  a mix of the “Wedgwood” and the “Baby Blue”. I painted the hair tie on the left-hand Goblin with the “Burgundy”.  I then used the original clothing/armor colors to add highlights to all they were wearing.  Lastly, I highlighted the blades of their spears and sword with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.   My final step was to paint the figures’ bases and washers with white.
      I let the Goblins sit overnight, and the next morning I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  Later that afternoon I flocked their bases, using Woodland Scenics snow flocking.  The next day I gave them a coat of Testor’s “Dullcote” spray varnish. 

 I’m again pleased with how these fellows turned out.  Three more to go.

Figures 126 & 127: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1pIuRkF
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/11KkNMZ
via IFTTT

Advertisements
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: