It’s been a while, but I finally had time to do some light painting. I took the opportunity to knock a couple of things off my painting queue. The first was a batch of knights I got in a convention flea market. I have been toying with the idea of a jousting game for some time. I’ve played in several jousting games that have been fun, but they often get boring quickly as the number of decisions is quite small. So, I have some ideas that I’ve been thinking about while pushing a bunch of flab around the streets for an hour in a vain attempt at weight control. I’ve had some ideas for an opposed die roll dice progression mechanic that will be just right for jousting, I think. The problem with dice progression systems (i.e., d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, etc.) is that they break down after d12. Recently I’ve seen that d14, d16, and d18, I think this is finally feasible in a way that live with, mathematically.
Some weeks back I posted some pictures of some WWII Americans riding giant eagles and some Eureka Stukasauruses. I traded something to Chris for his unpainted Stukasauruses. After sitting on them for several months, I finally painted them. I have Major Objective (the guys who custom made the Americans for my eagles) working on some Brits to ride on griffins. I will pick them up at Fall In, so watch for a weird world war two game by Cold Wars.