Daily Archives: August 4, 2014

Deputy Wayne Tisdale: Figure 103 of 265

Chris Palmer

     This week, I painted the Deputy Wayne Tisdale figure from the Zombie Hunters set.   I selected a nice simple figure to do, to get myself back into the Bones painting groove. 
    I  prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 7/8th inch black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue. I then glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue

I decided to do a simple blue-toned uniform, based loosely on the local police here where I live. So, I began by painting his pants with Apple Barrel “Navy Blue”, followed with doing his shirt with Anita’s “Baby Blue”. I painted his hat with Folk Art “Medium Gray”.

When these colors were dry, I gave the hat a wash with thinned Black ink, and the shirt and pants a wash with thinned Iron Wind Metals “Dark Blue” ink.  I let this dry, and then painted his shoes, belt, and belt accessories with black paint.  I then painted his head and arms with Apple Barrel “Apple Flesh”.  Next, I painted the handle of his pistol, as well as his hair, with Americana “Asphaltum”.

I let things dry a couple minutes, and then gave his arms and head a wash with thinned Winsor-Newton “Peat Brown” ink.  I painted patches on his shirt with the “Navy Blue”, and the hatband behind his head with black.

  I then added Apple Barrel “Yellow” details to his patches.  I painted in his eyes white with black pupils, and then did highlights on his face and arms/hands with the base “Apple Flesh”.  I painted, what I assumed to be a toothpick in his mouth, with Americana “Khaki Tan”.  Lastly I painted his badge, belt buckle, and the butt of his pistol with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”.
   After this all had a couple hours to dry, I painted the whole figure with some Ceramcoat “Matt Varnish”.  I then let this sit overnight, and the next day I flocked the base.  That afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s “Dullcote”.

Over all I;m pleased with the paint job on this nice simple figure.  I’m also very happy to be back in the Bones painting saddle again. 🙂

Figure 103 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1nkDD0k
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1s4TiIW
via IFTTT

Advertisements
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: