Last week I finished up the remaining four skeletons from the Undead Horde Set: two archers and two swordsmen. I began by priming the figures with Krylon Camouflage with Fusion Flat Black spray paint, and then glued them to black-primed 1’ fender washers.
To start, I gave all four a heavy drybrushing with GW “Bleached Bone”.
I then gave them a lighter drybrushing with plain white paint, then when dry, I gave them a light wash with GW “Devlan Mud” wash. Afterwards, I went over them again with a light drybrush of the plain white.
This was followed with painting the archers’ bows and the arrow shafts with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, followed by the quivers and their straps with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”. For the fletchings, I drybrushed a light coat of GW “Codex Grey” over the black primer.
On the swordsmen, I painted one shield with GW “Blood Red”, and the other with plain black.
I then gave the bows, arrow shafts and quivers a drybrushing with Folk Art “Barn Wood”. Next I added decorations to the shields with plain white, and then painted the end caps of the bows, the sword hilts, and the back of the shields, rims, and hubs with Ceramcoat “Bronze”. The swords I painted with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”. The straps on the shields were next, with Americana “Charcoal Grey”. Then I painted some splotches on the swords with Duncan Aged Metal “Iron”, and the strap rivets with the “Bronze”. Lastly, I gave the shield straps and the swords a wash with the “Devlan Mud” wash.
When everything had dried, I gave he figures a coat with Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”, and then flocked the bases. Afterwards, I sprayed them with Testor’s “Dullcoat”.
Overall I’m pleased with them, and they mark the completion of the Undead Horde set. They were nice simple figures to paint, and it feels good to get another set behind me
Figures 44 to 47: Complete
via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1aBDpi8